About this Specialization
This program in Graphic Design allows students to fully absorb an informed design process that provides lifelong support as they go on to engage in real-world design opportunities. Students gain a thorough understanding of the principles of design, theories of communication and strategies for problem solving.
During the 6 months students will work on intensive design briefs which are relevant to the industry. You will produce a portfolio which will prove a vital tool for showcasing your strongest work at interviews.
The program educates students to become resourceful designers engaged in reflexive, responsible and sustainable practices. Students are prepared to:
- Evaluate and critique the effectiveness of visual communication work
- Respond to a communication need by determining an appropriate perspective and following through by form-making using various means: editing, aesthetics and/or appropriation
- Work with contemporary and historical tools and software
- Develop and refine personal methods that culminate in a cohesive body of work targeting professional practice, an independent studio practice and/or entrepreneurship
Diploma in Graphic Design
Duration: 6 months
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Design Principle
- Software teaching Basic
- Colour Theory
- Typography - Foundation
- Software teaching - Corel Draw & Adobe Illustrator
- Typography - Advanced
- Photography – Foundation
- Lay outing Techniques - Cropping
- Software teaching - Adobe Photoshop
- Idea Generation
- Lay outing
- Definition, Concept, Theme
- Understanding Goal
- Understanding Target Customer
- Giving Effective Presentation
- Intro to Print Media
- Software - Adobe Indesign
- Logo design
- Identity Design
- Mag & Newspaper Ads
- Publication Designs
- Pamphlets Design
- Posters Design
- Outdoor design
- Tag Designs
- Software and Assignment
- Packaging Designs
- How to Use Core Concepts?
Manoj Deb – Advertising Professional
Born in one of India’s best cultural hubs called Kolkata in late 1973, he was lured by Delhi advertising after graduating from Indian Art College (Kolkata). After a short stint at a local agency in Delhi, he joined Saatchi & Saatchi. His work at Saatchi includes campaigns for Maruti Suzuki WagonR, Taj Hotels, BPCL and Panasonic. After that, he moved to Grey as an Associate Creative Director. At Grey, he has steered brands like Hyundai, Ranbaxy, Aviva, Wrigley’s Orbit etc.,
Can I get into any time of the year?
Candidate can register for Schedule Batches as per academic Calendar. Kindly contact Course Counsellor for the same.
Can I get a job just after finishing this?
The Course is designed towards skilling the candidates as per Industry requirements. Candidates need to register with Central Placement Cell to access all job postings at that point in time.
Can I do this from my home?
Most of the Course is accessible from online portal of Picasso Animation College. However, the candidate is best advised to take guidance from Lead Trainer on the same.
How can I pay?
Payment can be done at Picasso animation College/online payment gateway/cheque/DD/ as guided by the course counsellor.
What is the refund policy?
The Fees is non- refundable unless the candidate drops out of the course in writing at least 2 days before the start of the programme.
Can I do two courses in same center?
You can pursue multiple courses at the centre, however academically it is advisable to focus on one course in a given point in time. Picasso Animation College retains right to deny access to anyone courses at its centres or online.